- A one- to two-page (250- to 500-word) paper
- Prepare a four- to seven-minute informative speech that is to be submitted with video and audio
Step 1 Use an outline you have created.
Step 2 Practice your speech.
Practice using your delivery outline to deliver your informative speech. Print your delivery outline so you can use it as your speaker notes.
- Before you begin your practice delivery, imagine that you are standing in front of your target audience and think about the specific purpose you identified for your speech.
- Remember that your speech should last between four and seven minutes.
- Keep track of the total time it takes you to deliver your speech to stay within this time frame.
- Deliver your speech at least once all the way through.
Step 3 Present your speech in front of a camera.
- Remember to pay attention to the audience’s nonverbal communication and adjust as necessary.
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Submit the URL to the classroom
Step 4 Answer the questions.
In a one-page (250-word) paper, address the following:
- Describe any issues you encountered during the delivery of your speech.
- How many times did you practice delivering your speech before you felt comfortable presenting it?
- What aspects of your speech delivery improved the most as a result of your practice?